Change Admin Server Query icon

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
Hello,
i have an question, i try to set an other icon on my Admin Server Query group but as i understand, i can't make it by the TS3 client interface.
Hownever I have read that its possible by telnet, and i have access to this but i don't know what command i must use to change it..

If anyone have an answer for me, i would appreciate it :)
Thanks.

EscuderoKevin

Jul 2, 2015
Hello,
i have an question, i try to set an other icon on my Admin Server Query group but as i understand, i can't make it by the TS3 client interface.
Hownever I have read that its possible by telnet, and i have access to this but i don't know what command i must use to change it..

If anyone have an answer for me, i would appreciate it :)
Thanks.

You can use yatqa and edit permisson "icon id"

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
You can use yatqa and edit permisson "icon id"
When i try your method, i get an 2560 via YaTQA.
I have create a test server and create on it an new Server Query group and retry on it but same error :mad:
So i don't understand a rule or i do not make correctly this change.. (i try it in Server Groups tab in Permissions..
Hownever, its work succefull for the defaut Server Admin (that its normal for me..).

If anyone have an idea in this subject..:)

And also i have try the youtube method but same.

EscuderoKevin

Jul 2, 2015
When i try your method, i get an 2560 via YaTQA.
I have create a test server and create on it an new Server Query group and retry on it but same error :mad:
So i don't understand a rule or i do not make correctly this change.. (i try it in Server Groups tab in Permissions..
Hownever, its work succefull for the defaut Server Admin (that its normal for me..).

If anyone have an idea in this subject..:)

And also i have try the youtube method but same.

I help you via teamwiever.

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
Simply copy the server query group to a standard group and set the icon. After that copy the standard group with new icon to a query group and override the old admin server query.

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Or with YaTQA create yourself a query Admin token.. give you the group in teamspeak and then you can access the Query groups the same as all other groups.

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
Simply copy the server query group to a standard group and set the icon. After that copy the standard group with new icon to a query group and override the old admin server query.
Ah yes its an good idea, i will try it, thanks !

Or with YaTQA create yourself a query Admin token.. give you the group in teamspeak and then you can access the Query groups the same as all other groups.
Hm yeah i see, its an possibilities, thanks you too.

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
Man ... i give link for you in second post how do this.

Yes i hase see it, thanks.

I have follow your steps and arrived to make what i would like but after this, i hase a big problem: i lost the Server Query access, because i have move the default serveradmin account to my new Server Query group so i couldn't access via YaTQA...
The default serveradmin was regress to an guest access on the TS database ans globally same problem for me.
Finally I has an full save from the 11/04 so i delete my teamspeak server folder and remake a fresh server to recover my TS with my save....

I don't understand how i could change the icon of the default Admin Server Query group with your method, maybe an step that i don't understand i don't know.

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
I don't understand how i could change the icon of the default Admin Server Query group with your method, maybe an step that i don't understand i don't know.
Open YaTQA -> Connect to your Server and choose your VirtualServer -> Go to Permissions -> Select the "Admin Server Query" Server Group -> Click on the Key icon right next to the Selection box and create yourself a Token.
Open Teamspeak -> Connect to your Server -> Go to Rights and use your token.
Now go to Rights and view The Server Groups. Now you should be able to see the Query Group in there and you can change the Icon as you can with every other group.

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
Open YaTQA -> Connect to your Server and choose your VirtualServer -> Go to Permissions -> Select the "Admin Server Query" Server Group -> Click on the Key icon right next to the Selection box and create yourself a Token.
Now go to Rights and view The Server Groups. Now you should be able to see the Query Group in there and you can change the Icon as you can with every other group.
i will test it this tonight, thanks !

Skav

Mar 2, 2016
In french language, have the same error message as all time that i has try it: ID de groupe non valide (so in english: Invalid group ID), my log from the client:
<23:19:53> Connected to Server: "TS_1"
<23:20:01> invalid group ID
Please not that in the Log tab on YaTQA i haven't any log about it, all other log about my connecion, token creating and its using but no one about the icon change.

I think that in the mySQL database or MariaDB database there is a configuration who block this changes by default..
Maybe i could bypass this restriction by create an other Admin Server Query group without delete the default but i think that its will confused for the normal works of the database of the server.....
And at this configuration level of TS server, i haven't enough knowledges.