Modifying Linux TeamSpeak Server Information

shockli

Contributor
Jan 29, 2016
Hello there! Time to play around with your TeamSpeak server.

Here is an example of the bare minimum you can achieve with 5 minutes of work:
TEvliNt.png

Time:
You can change the Server Time with
PHP:
data -s "Year-Month-Day Hours-Minutes-Seconds"
# date -s "Year-Month-Day Hours-Minutes-Seconds"
# date -s "2015-10-10 13:52:00"
Green parts are modified text to me, but thanks @L. for being the first to mention this.

Note: That is not all required. Almost all modern Linux distro's come with systemd, which uses timedatectl, so we're going to need to take it a step further:

PHP:
# sudo timedatectl set-ntp false
# sudo timedatectl set-time '1994-12-01'

Operating System:
TeamSpeak dev's at least followed the basics of programming and set a maximum limit for the length of an OS, so we have to be creative. I'm on linux (5 characters), I decided on Nokia because it also has 5 characters. There are ways to bypass this but I want to keep this tutorial as simple as possible.

You will need to get GameConqueror and it's backend, scanmem. You will also need an X session unless you want to use the scanmem cli, which I'm not going into detail. You can Google this.

Now you need to load your ts3server into GameConqueror. Just follow the highlighted parts:
227h3mF.png

Now that you have done that, you need to scan for the operating system as a string. Try to have no one connected to the server so that you have the least false positives possible.
ZuT8adr.png

Now let's grab the heaps, lock them and change them.
oEMjc6b.png

I take credit for being the first person to run a TeamSpeak 3 server on a Nokia 6210.

Version:
This is the rather easy part if you can do above.
Clear things from earlier:
f9YG4M4.png

Search for the version your server is running (disconnect and reconnect during searches to improve accuracy):
sGn6vRy.png

And there we have it, a modified server version that all clients can see the modified text.
Q5Txj6H.png

Note: Please do not freeze more than necessary, take your time with scanning and rescanning, you'll crash your server if you don't do it properly.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I assume messing with server up-time also messes up our online since on the server?