[3.0.12 and above] Allow all client versions to connect

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
You can't have any stability issue with the first method as you only patch values and not instructions :)
(don't use the second method ever)

Antonov

Restricted
Aug 21, 2015
I think that i'm so stupid.. can you help me? I'm doing same thing and every time: This server requires a newer client version. Please visit the Android Market for the latest version.
:O

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Did you read the troubleshooting section ?
If you still cannot connect :
Check that the first check is indeed disabled (set to 0 or something lower than 1445512488)
md5sum your binaries (the original and the copy you edited) to check that the hex modifications have been made.

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
I can't make sens of you screenshot. Did you check that when recreating a databse the values are set to 0 ?
Also, you have to patch the hex values to be null, not zero !
If your server is a windows binary it probably won't work.

Antonov

Restricted
Aug 21, 2015
I was maked everythink like you, but this is correct to put like on screenshot? Or make some video tutorial, because this is first thing that i cannot make it work. :X

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Thanks Bluscream for this beautiful red warning :p
This tutorial should also be valid for future version :D

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Does the hardcoded 3.0.18.2 thing only apply to windows client or is it same with ios and android which also need unlocking instead of simple minimal version setting change in the db?

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
The minimal thing applies to all client, here I provide with 4 things to replace that will eliminate it for all clients.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
The minimal thing applies to all client, here I provide with 4 things to replace that will eliminate it for all clients.
This is really bad. It means that i need to allow old, crappy, vulnerable windows clients on my server when i want to allow older iOS or android clients. I just tested on my iPad1 and in fact it won't work without patching the server checks, no matter what minimal version for iOS i put there. For the same reason i lost a few android people with their cracked 3.0.13 as the default server allows 3.0.16+ only. Other words it is all or nothing... just wondering if teamspeak devs are simply too ignorant/lazy to fix this or if there is a serious reason to hardcode it like that. Why on earth give people server settings that are bogush and won't work for yet another version... well, perhaps they are "fighting piracy" this way? Forcing people to stop using popular, cracked versions?

Luv my old, good iPad1 and i'm very upset not being able to connect with it anymore. And there is simply no newer version for this old iPad as that would require iOS higher than 5.1.1 which is impossible. Maybe it will be easier to modify the client to appear as newer one than to mess with the server. Anyone with ipad1 and client 3.1.5.460 (or older) to join the battle? :)

Last edited:

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Remember that with a patched server you can still enforce minimum client versions, as you would do previously :)

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Remember that with a patched server you can still enforce minimum client versions, as you would do previously :)
Oh so that's how it works exactly. We just remove/lower the hardcoded checks and then the settings work as expected? Now that would be nice. So it is not like this stuff is broken. It is just locked for some reason by devs. Well, i would say then, that they in fact wanted to force people to stop using vulnerable client versions and i'm +1 for that. Problem being that they killed everything else like older android and ios which probably wasn't needed. So after all they are lazy bitches ;)

Last edited:

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Can someone upload 3.0.12.2 patched? I can't patch, it doesn't work for me.
It will work if you do it as described. You are too lazy, most likely, to even start messing with it. Unless you are on windows and it won't work there.