Change Server Admin Querry Icon?

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I suppose you use YaTQA?
If not, download above ^

-Login with 'serveradmin' (or any other user with 100 modify power, default: serveradmin)
-Click Servers
-Choose the server you want to change your icon on
-Click on permissions
-Click on group overview
-Right click on Admin server query and click on change icon

Amin3Nator

Sep 24, 2015
i'ts not worked
Code:
[Window Title]
Error

[Content]
The query could not be completed.
Command: servergroupaddperm
Error message: invalid group ID
Error code: 2560

[OK]

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
I suppose you use YaTQA?
If not, download above ^

-Login with 'serveradmin' (or any other user with 100 modify power, default: serveradmin)
-Click Servers
-Choose the server you want to change your icon on
-Click on permissions
-Click on group overview
-Right click on Admin server query and click on change icon
You can't change Template Group Icons. As they are global server groups (apply on every virtual server), Teamspeak does this to prevent different virtualservers from throwing random errors after creation. Since a new virtual server when queried for the Admin Server Query group's icon would try to use an icon located in virtualserver_(ex:2)/icons/icon_num (Which, in the case of a new virtual server means that the icon wouldn't exist and it would throw errors)

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
You can't change Template Group Icons. As they are global server groups (apply on every virtual server), Teamspeak does this to prevent different virtualservers from throwing random errors after creation. Since a new virtual server when queried for the Admin Server Query group's icon would try to use an icon located in virtualserver_(ex:2)/icons/icon_num (Which, in the case of a new virtual server means that the icon wouldn't exist and it would throw errors)
It works for me.

You can also try duplicating the admin server query group, then try changing it.

Edit: I just noticed the way I did it was by copying, my bad. I shouldn't have explained the first way as it would only be useful if you had one server. (or if everyone agreed on the others) @Derp

Last edited:

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I personally hate how icons are managed by teamspeak. It is such a basic, stupid window where you constantly try to find one of your 200+ icons because lazy teamspeak devs actually refused to even think of some re-design of that part for years. Like adding tabs, allow to drag and drop icons to group them, etc.

Or maybe there would be a chance to have a custom plugin for better management of them? That would rock my nuts big time.