Solved General/Global group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Hello everyone !
I recently started hosting free virtual servers for some friends who wanted their own server, and everything is working fine, but I have a little question :
Is it possible to create a group that will have the same permissions and same people in it on every virtual server ?
Because even when I try adding myself to the Admin Server Query group, its only effective on the server I added myself to that same group, on other servers I won't be in the ASQ group.

So yeah, if someone knows if its possible to do that, please tell me how :3

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Hello everyone !
I recently started hosting free virtual servers for some friends who wanted their own server, and everything is working fine, but I have a little question :
Is it possible to create a group that will have the same permissions and same people in it on every virtual server ?
Because even when I try adding myself to the Admin Server Query group, its only effective on the server I added myself to that same group, on other servers I won't be in the ASQ group.

So yeah, if someone knows if its possible to do that, please tell me how :3
Yes with your server query you can edit the template server groups. That means add new, remove, edit their permissions and their names.

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Yes with your server query you can edit the template server groups. That means add new, remove, edit their permissions and their names.
Hey, so I tried making a template group, but I had an error when trying to add my identity in it :
55c37b1db3586f8c2a18a527cb345d1d.png

I've been trying to fix the problem for around 1h but couldn't find where it is coming from.

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Hey, so I tried making a template group, but I had an error when trying to add my identity in it :
55c37b1db3586f8c2a18a527cb345d1d.png

I've been trying to fix the problem for around 1h but couldn't find where it is coming from.
it tells you that you are trying to add or edit that doesn't exist or you do something wrong!

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Just tested it!
b156d7d17233ea111c099712a4f90119.png

with yatqa give to your self the admin server query group and the go from your ts3 client in the server groups and edit or create the templates!

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Just tested it!

with yatqa give to your self the admin server query group and the go from your ts3 client in the server groups and edit or create the templates!
Thank you for your answer !
I already did that, but the thing is that I can't add my identity inside the template group (so I don't have to add myself on the group on each server each time I create one).

If it isn't possible to add myself in a template group, is there an alternative way to give me full rights on every server I will create ?

CanadiansEh

Contributor
Jun 26, 2016
Just tested it!

Newest version of yatqa prevents you from doing so, you have to use an old version

I already did that, but the thing is that I can't add my identity inside the template group (so I don't have to add myself on the group on each server each time I create one).

If it isn't possible to add myself in a template group, is there an alternative way to give me full rights on every server I will create ?
In yatqa you can just connect with it with admin query account and when you create a new virtual server just select the one you want a rank on in yatqa then go to "Users" then find yourself and click "More" on the right then click "Server groups" under "Server" which will be located in the middle, click on ASQ and click "Join" . Easy and a fast process once you know how to add through this method

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016

Newest version of yatqa prevents you from doing so, you have to use an old version

In yatqa you can just connect with it with admin query account and when you create a new virtual server just select the one you want a rank on in yatqa then go to "Users" then find yourself and click "More" on the right then click "Server groups" under "Server" which will be located in the middle, click on ASQ and click "Join" . Easy and a fast process once you know how to add through this method
Guys, i am using the very latest version of Yatqa and i have an activated licence!
Don't add yourself in a template group ,just give to your client the admin server query group and do it inside teamspeak 3 client!
NOT FROM THE YATQA PROGRAM! ;)

Grid

Dec 31, 2015
Guys, i am using the very latest version of Yatqa and i have an activated licence!
Don't add yourself in a template group ,just give to your client the admin server query group and do it inside teamspeak 3 client!
NOT FROM THE YATQA PROGRAM! ;)
Ok, I'll try that !
What happens if I duplicate SQ, rename it to "test" from TS client and add myself in it ?
Will this group + my identity be added on every vserver I create ?

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Ok, I'll try that !
What happens if I duplicate SQ, rename it to "test" from TS client and add myself in it ?
Will this group + my identity be added on every vserver I create ?
nope this won't happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.