Getting the most out of the GRE tunnel

Cynical

Mar 22, 2017
Hey guys,
So far the support I have seen and received on here has been pretty much the best out of any teamspeak forum, even the official, so I figure this is the best place to ask a simple question for you guys.

Due to my recent complications that I posted about here, I decided to finally setup my GRE tunnel from a better company that provides Voxility. I have managed to setup my Teamspeak completely now, and am able to connect to the "protected" IP. However, I am still able to connect to the domain address of my TS which is still pointing to my original VPS (real) IP. I am wondering if I should altogether change my domain IP to the protected IP, or if I should keep it as is for connection purposes. If I keep it on the original IP, does that just negate the protection completely?

Lastly, on my filtered IP I am getting around 50% packetloss and its just overall super laggy, including connection dropping and shit like this. I assume this is from Voxility itself mixed with the strain of the tunnel. Is there anyway I can fix this? As of now it seems completely unbearable and unusable.

Sorry guys, I am super new to tunnels, connections, and all the like and just trying to learn on the fly.

Last edited: