Has any one get a site were you login with ts uid

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
In order to do this without requiring a user to upload their uid or enter it, you would want to make this server-side. The TeamSpeak 3 server would have to send the uid a link when they joined along with some type of token shared between the TS3 server and web server. :cool:

Are you going to pay someone to make this or just wondering if this would be free?

To protect the user's account you would need: An SSL certificate (HTTPS) to have the session secure. Some sort of TS3 auth API on the web server. /ts3auth/?uid=blahblahblah&token=89e4g79ersge4gserg. The token would have to be exchanged between the TeamSpeak 3 server (or bot sending the link) and the web server receiving the token. This is the only way I can imagine doing it. It could be triggered on channel join or server join perhaps. For obvious security benefit, the token would be locked to the uid and expire within ~10 minutes. If an invalid or expired token was detected, basic instructions telling the user to redo what they did to get a token could be given e.g. rejoin the channel or server for another token. Upon the user clicking the auth API link there could optionally be a checkbox for "Remember Me" and Google's reCAPTCHA for bot protection. The last thing you want is TeamSpeak 3 bots automatically joining shit loads of servers and flooding website accounts haha.

To better understand you, what are you planning to use this for?

It is important to realize this method would rely on TeamSpeak 3 being a secure platform for authentication. While I do like their authentication somewhat --- if someone stole a user's key file which is by default stored in plain text, their account could easily be hijacked with such a system. A solution would require as @ehthe stated above a first-time link click password or adding another factor: YubiKey, Google Authenticator, etc. The simpler the additional factor is for people... I would say that it is better. The last thing people want to do for signing in is

1. Launch an application.
2. Join/connect to a server.
3. Clicking a link
4. Open an email they have setup in a desktop email client.
5. Copy/paste a key from email.

Using something like Google Authenticator would allow an individual to simply enter a quick code displayed on their phone I am pretty sure and most people have their phone within reach.

Last edited:

Shane

Mar 3, 2016
Something like this I would like
mgnmI

http://imgur.com/a/mgnmI

RamboFR05TY

Apr 24, 2016
What you could do for authentication would be to send a OTP to the user via private message when they are connected to the teamspeak to continue with registration i will draw a quick mockup and update this post

Shane

Mar 3, 2016
Who that
What you could do for authentication would be to send a OTP to the user via private message when they are connected to the teamspeak to continue with registration i will draw a quick mockup and update this post

Shane

Mar 3, 2016
Thanks but is there a folder with everything we need for it

ServerVerwaltung

May 14, 2017
No, thats an unique work.
You just need some time (1-2 hours as no coder) and in this time you combinate some snipets.
The snipets are different for what you need it for and what kind of groups you will allowed to give user by themselfes.
Ive an script that works between teamspeak, wordpress (and others).
The user can register themself in an forum and than all of his informations will be translated/reordered in an other format, which works for the script.
for the User is it just one registration for all services.
If he want to use another service he just need to click on it and confirm with activate.
When you started your work and need help just answer below and poste some of your code :)

XARON

get over here!
Restricted
Nov 24, 2016
Create serverside php application(bot), send priv message(Your Code: blabla[random]) to user and store, go to web page and request private code from user. Compare codes -> finish.

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
This is interesting but it won't actually always work.
In italy some operators use private IP addresses and only 1 public IP. Your script will detect several uid's under the same IP (actually, now that i think about it, even users that share the same internet connection will have the same issue).

Kieran

Tag me
Contributor
Jan 1, 2016
This is interesting but it won't actually always work.
In italy some operators use private IP addresses and only 1 public IP. Your script will detect several uid's under the same IP (actually, now that i think about it, even users that share the same internet connection will have the same issue).
It's unlikely that there will be people with the same IP on his server at the same time. No problem, but even if it does happen, that's what the select element is for.

Also, why do you keep saying that something isn't possible just because you don't know how to do it? I've noticed this a couple of times now..

XRV-Webix

May 2, 2016
It's unlikely that there will be people with the same IP on his server at the same time. No problem, but even if it does happen, that's what the select element is for.
Also, why do you keep saying that something isn't possible just because you don't know how to do it? I've noticed this a couple of times now..
Do you know me from somewhere to tell me that i don't know how to do something? Grow up!
I just said that it doesn't work "always" like it want to. But ok! You want to troll? Go for it!

ServerVerwaltung

May 14, 2017
Do you know me from somewhere to tell me that i don't know how to do something? Grow up!
I just said that it doesn't work "always" like it want to. But ok! You want to troll? Go for it!
If more than one user is connected over the same ip the script wont works in this case, thats right. But there is the select box option or there is another option to register, a site where all users with this ip are listed, so the user can pick up his uid with the help of his nickname and than type informations manually. (nearly same procedure as in checkbox).
But...
- Have you already heared about ipv6??
- The probability that two users are on the same teamspeakserver with same ip (hotspot/hotel example) is under 1 % i would think.
In an half year we have got over 1000 Users in over 21 nations which take use of our services, our site is based in german and english.
The script has works for over 600 registrations, also in different situations (homenet etc.).