Solved How can i Limit Slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg

Apr 16, 2016
If i sell a server, how can i make the slots limited, so the user won't be able to extend them above a specific number?

Agusanz

Jul 18, 2015
you can remove the permissions from the server admin group of that server so he can't edit the amount of slots
b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients

Greg

Apr 16, 2016
you can remove the permissions from the server admin group of that server so he can't edit the amount of slots
b_virtualserver_modify_maxclients
but i'm giving him a privilege key..

Greg

Apr 16, 2016
and how can i install another teamspeak server on the same VM?

Agusanz

Jul 18, 2015
but i'm giving him a privilege key..
what? you own the server, and you're selling a virtual server.. that means that you're the server query admin, so.. you can control every virtual server with that login serveradmin.. you can revoke permissions from the group 6 (server admin) of every server if you want to..

and how can i install another teamspeak server on the same VM?
I'm not sure about this, teamspeak detects if another user is running a instance and doesn't let you execute it.. but i think there's a workaround to bypass it

Greg

Apr 16, 2016
what? you own the server, and you're selling a virtual server.. that means that you're the server query admin, so.. you can control every virtual server with that login serveradmin.. you can revoke permissions from the group 6 (server admin) of every server if you want to..

I'm not sure about this, teamspeak detects if another user is running a instance and doesn't let you execute it.. but i think there's a workaround to bypass it
found a way to create another server using query admin.
how can i revoke this permission through the query.
Another question is do u have any recommended hosting company?

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
with YaTQA you can also edit the Template server Admin group.. So that the server Admin on a freshly created server cant edit slots.

Greg

Apr 16, 2016
with YaTQA you can also edit the Template server Admin group.. So that the server Admin on a freshly created server cant edit slots.
thank you guys, any recommended hosting company?

Status
Not open for further replies.