I can't join my ts3 server

Piramide

Jan 4, 2018
I need help please i can't join my teamspeak server. I installed supervisor's script and my server is running as you can see but i dont know why i cant join. im using a linux VPS (Ubuntu). I tried join with the IP, IP;Port and the domain but nothing did work.

Before, i installed the same script in another VPS and it work, but i had a problem, some user did cant join, they did can join only using the IP not the domain so i recently move to this VPS to try fix it LOL

Any help is aprecciated and im sorry for my bad english I really did my best :D

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.04.29.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.04.29.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.05.40.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.05.40.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.27.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-04 19.27.11.png
    38 KB · Views: 46

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
Execute this command: netstat -lntu
That will list all listening ports, so you easily can check if all TCP & UDP ports are open and listening to ts3server.

Also execute this command: iptables -S
That will list all firewall rules. That way you will see if the ports exist in your iptables file.

Another way to check if your firewall are blocking the connection is to temporary disable your firewall with this command: ufw disable
After you checked, remember to enable the firewall again by typing: ufw enable

Last edited:

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
iptables -F [This Flush All Tables/chains]

solves your issue and then save your firewall tables

sudo invoke-rc.d iptables-persistent save
Why should he flush the iptables when he can list and check the rules first? In that case, he can flush the iptable and then open all ports again. But what I understand he has done that already so it's better to find out where it fails before he start over

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
Why should he flush the iptables when he can list and check the rules first? In that case, he can flush the iptable and then open all ports again. But what I understand he has done that already so it's better to find out where it fails before he start over

i dont want to argue for this i said what i wanted. And he has not flushed it send SS if he did.

---- Automatically Merged Double Post ----

I need help please i can't join my teamspeak server. I installed supervisor's script and my server is running as you can see but i dont know why i cant join. im using a linux VPS (Ubuntu). I tried join with the IP, IP;Port and the domain but nothing did work.

Before, i installed the same script in another VPS and it work, but i had a problem, some user did cant join, they did can join only using the IP not the domain so i recently move to this VPS to try fix it LOL

Any help is aprecciated and im sorry for my bad english I really did my best :D

Thanks in advance

which VPS it is?

This sounds like OVH Game firewall issues. By default it allows only default ports But double check from hosting if 9987 is explicity allowed in OVH Game Firewall if you are using a reseller OVH Game . they block ports [Default Ones] You need to submit ticket.

Your case sounds like one.

Last edited:

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
i dont want to argue for this i said what i wanted. And he has not flushed it send SS if he did.
I'm not arguing. I just asked why you think he should do it. That's a big difference

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
Contact your hosting provider and tell them to open the port for you and your problem will be fixed.
You don't know for sure if the problem is the Hosting Provider. It can still be on the VPS.
It's better to follow this short list instead:
  • Contact the Hosting Provider and check the ports on their side
  • Temporary disable the firewall and check if you can connect or not
  • If needed, open the required ports in the firewal

Unkn0wnKid

Jan 6, 2018
You don't know for sure if the problem is the Hosting Provider. It can still be on the VPS.
It's better to follow this short list instead:
  • Contact the Hosting Provider and check the ports on their side
  • Temporary disable the firewall and check if you can connect or not
  • If needed, open the required ports in the firewal
how can i do that? can you teach me please?
It's better for him to contact his hosting provider as he doesn't know how to disable or add rules on his firewall.

Piramide

Jan 4, 2018
Execute this command: netstat -lntu
That will list all listening ports, so you easily can check if all TCP & UDP ports are open and listening to ts3server.

Also execute this command: iptables -S
That will list all firewall rules. That way you will see if the ports exist in your iptables file.

Another way to check if your firewall are blocking the connection is to temporary disable your firewall with this command: ufw disable
After you checked, remember to enable the firewall again by typing: ufw enable

I tried to disable the firewall but it say "command not found" and the 2 first commands say this (screenshot), i dont know if did i open ports right but i read a lots of forums and that was it i found, maybe my provider(AquatisHost) is blocking ports as someone said it. Again, sorry for my bad english, Thanks all for helping me

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2018-01-07 19.29.07.png
    Captura de pantalla 2018-01-07 19.29.07.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 11

amsaal

VIP
Jul 28, 2015
I tried to disable the firewall but it say "command not found" and the 2 first commands say this (screenshot), i dont know if did i open ports right but i read a lots of forums and that was it i found, maybe my provider(AquatisHost) is blocking ports as someone said it. Again, sorry for my bad english, Thanks all for helping me

according to the screenshot , iptables has the ports forwarded and netstat says its listening. So your ask your provider to explicitly open the default blocked ports UDP 9987 on their end device.

BayX

I'm the Root. Fear me!
Dec 18, 2015
It looks good. Ports are open and listening. Talk with the Hosting Provider as @egcmasti said

Last edited:

MrWolf

Retired Staff
Contributor
Dec 27, 2016
It looks good. Ports are open and listening. Talk with the Hosting Prodivder as @egcmasti said
Yes its 98% that provider needs to open ports, i had the same problem, just contact them to create teamspeak3 rule in game firewall.