Listening in on other channels

M

Member 2873

I know this has been asked before, but it didn't really go anywhere.

I'm just wondering if there was a teamspeak 3 version this worked on, if it has ever been done on teamspeak 3 and if its likely to happen soon?

thx bebles

timodohmen

Oct 16, 2015
I know this has been asked before, but it didn't really go anywhere.

I'm just wondering if there was a teamspeak 3 version this worked on, if it has ever been done on teamspeak 3 and if its likely to happen soon?

thx bebles
Do you mean the Sinusbot ? :confused:

M

Member 2873

Do you mean the Sinusbot ? :confused:
i mean it would be easy to make a script for sinusbot that records to a mp3, what i want is to make a tcpdump and be able to listen to it. which i'm very unsure of how to do

Last edited by a moderator:

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
i mean it would be easy to make a script for sinusbot that records to a mp3, what i want is to make a tcpdump and be able to listen to it. which i'm very unsure of how to do
I've already explained why this is no easy task!

Cryptographically speaking, this can not be done! You'd need to have access to the encryption keys in order to decrypt voice traffic, and then dump it!

However.... there are other "hacky" ways one can achieve that! Just be creative and think of any possible way this could be achieved. (Spoil: Memory Hacking :3 )

-Derp

M

Member 2873

I've already explained why this is no easy task!

Cryptographically speaking, this can not be done! You'd need to have access to the encryption keys in order to decrypt voice traffic, and then dump it!

However.... there are other "hacky" ways one can achieve that! Just be creative and think of any possible way this could be achieved. (Spoil: Memory Hacking :3 )

-Derp

Have you actually achieved it before? I don't want the specific details if you don't want to share them. Just let me know if you have actually managed it ;P

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
You only get the voice data if you are the server or a client in the same channel.. and if you already are in that channel you can listen to it anyway

Splamy

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 26, 2016
Cryptographically speaking, this can not be done! You'd need to have access to the encryption keys in order to decrypt voice traffic, and then dump it!-Derp

Cryptographically speaking, is TeamSpeak 3 utter shit. You want the en/decryption key for the traffic, here: "c:\\windows\\sy", (yes the private key is static
2b98dd94ff.gif
)
the real problem is as @dedmen said, that the server never sends you the data, so there is nothing to intercept...
(and @ItsiAdam it's udp btw ;))

Last edited:
M

Member 2873

Cryptographically speaking, is TeamSpeak 3 utter shit. You want the en/decryption key for the traffic, here: "c:\\windows\\sy", (yes the private key is static
hammer2.gif
)
the real problem is as @dedmen said, that the server never sends you the data, so there is nothing to intercept...
Alright with encryption off, say I do a dump of all connections going to 192.168.1.69:52832 (me in ts) and open it up in Wireshark. What would I be doing from there?

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
2b98dd94ff.gif
)
(en/decryption key for the traffic>) Not entirely true, You are right about the "static encryption key" part, not so right about the "the private key is static" one though!

(Cryptographically speaking, is TeamSpeak 3 utter shit >) I Partially agree

Splamy

TeamSpeak Developer
Apr 26, 2016
(en/decryption key for the traffic>) Not entirely true, You are right about the "static encryption key" part, not so right about the "the private key is static" one though!
(Cryptographically speaking, is TeamSpeak 3 utter shit >) I Partially agree
Ok, yes I have to admit that with the public/private key user indentity; but the encryption key should be private too, which in this case it is not. The better wording here would be 'sercret key' as stated in the libtomcrypt documentation, sorry about that.

Last edited:

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Ok, yes I have to admit that with the public/private key user indentity; but the encryption key should be private too, which in this case it is not. The better wording here would be 'sercret', sorry about that.
It's alright! ;)

About that key, To clarify, that static key is a "temp" key teamspeak uses to encrypt the initial "user authenticity verification steps"(yep, obscurity confirmed), even if you decrypted that traffic, you would not get enough information to compromise the connection's security.
-Derp

M

Member 2873

Could somebody give me a small tutorial on how to do this? Or maybe a bunch of information compiled together about it? Just had a look back over this and it's basically just vague shit. It's not like it's patchable if it is possible

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
serverside: hook the voice packet functions and just dump voice packets.. parse them.. put them together.. decode with corresponding codec and output to wav file or audio autput (gets ALL server audio cant filter by channel.. can filter by user tho)
clientside: join the channel and listen.