Listening into other channels without entering it?

Flash2Key

Mar 5, 2016
Hello,
I have my own server, and i wondering if that's possible to "spy" in some channel and listen to the conversation inside that channel without actually entering it, or entering it but invisible?

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Hello,
I have my own server, and i wondering if that's possible to "spy" in some channel and listen to the conversation inside that channel without actually entering it, or entering it but invisible?
You'd have to tamper the connection between the server and all the clients in a specific channel (Or, if you're into reverse engineering you can reverse the server and make it dump voice data streams). In order to do that you need to know how the encryption works.

tl;dr : No (By normal/nonhacky ways)

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
With VAC you can leave a "fake idling" client in the channel and can hear the output only for yourself or stream it to any other channel you want with almost the same setup as for a VAC music bot. There is another way to accomplish this but we will share it some time later.

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Once upon a time i thought that it would be as easy as playing with tcpdump a bit. I was very wrong. I found a nice article on the subject but then i became instantly overwhelmed with amounts of crypto stuff and heavy theory to read. I run away screaming...

I just wish it was possible to decipher such UDP dumps in a way similar to e.g. hashcat running on a handshake dump.

Last edited:

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I am glade that this is hard.. since people probably share alot of personal information on ts these days.
I can't agree with you more. As much as i would love to "spy" a little (who wouldn't and for me it is mostly about trolls i could get rid of easier when e.g. advertising in channels or other improper and suspicious activities like i had this in-game item thief lately who was using my teamspeak to deal with people and steal from them) i also have lots of ethical doubts about it. I would rather never be able to if such solutions went public so every immature idiot around could spy on people.

In longer run this could be even fatal to teamspeak's reputation and popularity.

On the other hand i believe that teamspeak guys can do this. Operating from USA they need to comply with some "secret" regulations and they probably have a deal with authorities just like Skype does and tapping on conversations isn't uncommon there at all. I wouldn't be surprised if everything was transcripted as it takes place in case of mobile talks.

Last edited: