Mass Disconected from Server

Crazyhook

Nov 22, 2015
Hello people of r4p3 forum
several players are randomly disconnecting
this is already happening to a few days
does anyone know a way to solve the problem???

QydBXRa.jpg

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Server version ?
Client version of those that disconnect ?
Disconnect or timeout ? Nevermind that, it's in the screenshot. Timeout it is.

Crazyhook

Nov 22, 2015
Server version: 3.0.11.4 (Linux)
Clients Version: 3.0.18.1 , 3.0.18.2, 3.0.18
Android Client Version: 3.0.13 (Cracked apk)

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
Check all of your channels for weird description (might have happened before the update to 11.4). And talk to these users to see what happened on their end.

Crazyhook

Nov 22, 2015
the server did not fall any time, only a few players.
I believe it is not DDoS!

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
Ask the users to update to the latest teamspeak version and let us know if that helps

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
the server did not fall any time, only a few players.
I believe it is not DDoS!
If you are DDoS protected:
It can still be a DDoS. From what I experienced with some providers, I was able to knock of the people with the highest ping while others could still stay on the server (most of them with high packet loss). The mitigation is having a hard time finding those good and back packets, and will let some of the bad packets get in resulting in server lag. It looked exactly like your picture there. Talk to your provider to see if they can tweak something. DDoS doesn't mean it will bring all the server down when it's DDoS protected, it can still do some minor damage in bad firewall configurations.

If you are not DDoS protected:
A while back when my server wasn't receiving DDoS (so I had no protection), I noticed some users dropping like that. It was actually the way they disconnected from TeamSpeak that made it like they dropped. I don't know how they managed to do that, but they were always disconnecting from teamspeak by unpluging themselves right away. Also, it happened to some people that were connecting from australia (my server is in canada). Sometimes, they would just drop cause of the latency and their poor internet connection.

So, it could be a lot of things? Who is your hoster?

EDIT : I can see that your hoster is OVH. Is this a normal dedicated server or vps? If it is, the protection is not good and it's normal that DDoS will make some of your users drop like that. The only thing that can resist perfectly an attack are their games DDoS protection. OVH's anti-ddos pro is good for everything except a couple of things including TeamSpeak.

Last edited:

IMAGIN8

Aug 22, 2015
This shit is old as world.. I mean.. If i remeber this right,u just paste a code into any channel,or PM,and the fun begins in couple of secounds. Im not sure,if this was it.. Ill check it later..

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Is probably just your server having connection issues. It happened to me, too. In my case the hardware node my vps ran on was on heavy duty due to some other vps on the node. So just contact your host. As long as not everyone get disconnected at the same time, it's probably your server.