Votes: 16 57.1%
  • C#

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

SoulofSorrow

seek and destroy
VIP
Jun 25, 2015
Hey deadline coder and i plan the next project. It is about the web interface to expand a query bot. Are incoherent about the programming language.

Erza86

Sep 21, 2015
The thing is, it depends on what you want to do.

If you have just one bot that may sit on a Server, like an afk move bot i think php, should be enough.

But if it comes to multiple spawning things and for example a ranksystem, where you have massiv processes and calculations i would recommend Java.

C# hm... i think here you only have the problem, that you have to code for every OS the querybot, so that it fits perfectly on the system. If that's not the way you want it to do or if it's to much work for you i wouldn't recommend it to write it in C#

Thats so far from me...

regards

Erza86

Last edited:

First-Coder

Nov 14, 2016
The thing is, it depends on what you want to do.

If you have just one bot that may sit on a Server, like an afk move bot i think php, should be enough.

But if it comes to multiple spawning things and for example a ranksystem, where you have massiv processes and calculations i would recommend Java.

C# hm... i think here you only have the problem, that you have to code for every OS the querybot, so that it fits perfectly on the system. If that's not the way you want it to do or if it's to much work for you i wouldn't recommend it to write it in C#

Thats so far from me...

regards

Erza86
Thanks for your opinion. The bot isn´t just some little easy bot. The bot has more functionary then the jts3 bot from stefan1200. Also it should have a api / pluginsystem to create addons. It has multi instances, afk mover, sticky channel, messages (advert, welcome, connect, disconnect....), ranking and much more.... I am not sure if PHP is the correct language for that, cause it´s complicated AND it need much more ressources then java or c#.

Erza86

Sep 21, 2015
Then i think you answered your question by yourself ;)

I just wanted to make a neutral suggestion but as i see here Java or C# would be the best way.

Well then, I think i would vote for java, because it's user friendlier and easier to handle, especially if it comes to the point if someone is new to this, its easier to explain how to execute or start a bot in java instead of how to compile and setup a bot in C# (at least I, never saw good explanations and felt a little bit lost)

First-Coder

Nov 14, 2016
That´s intressting. You can easily start also an c# application with mono. It´s also really stable! So that´s I am confused which language I should use. I hate Java, but ... Ye you know ;D

Erza86

Sep 21, 2015
Yeah sure but hey i see the point of "explain" the people how to install the right mono, especially if it comes to a system where they have backports on or special architectures.

I always say to me, if someone is stupid which one he could understand better and easier :D

First-Coder

Nov 14, 2016
I know what you mean. Maybe if I can create a script that install the latest version of mono.... That would be nice right?

Erza86

Sep 21, 2015
Thats only then nice, if people not already use a version of mono^^ but yes it would be nice, so you may also need a detection if mono is already installed but then i think it would great

First-Coder

Nov 14, 2016
Hey Community,
thanks of @Splamy I´ve creating the bot in C#. It´s currently ready for the alpha. I am now currently working on the bot implementations for the interface. But meanwhile I need your help. The bot should also have server sided statistics. I want to know which stuff the bot should make as diagramm or what he should save. Did you guys have some ideas?

Dear
First-Coder