[Question] TS DNS Server

jesus

May 3, 2016
I would like to know is there a web application that pueeda help me manage my ts dns server.

Pim

Sep 27, 2015
I "think" it only works on linux ts3 based server. u can find it on ts3dns folder, and edit the tsdns_setting.ini.sample file into tsdns_setting.ini just delete the ".sample" and follow the instructions inside of it.
or Here's my exisiting setup of it, just copy this to the bottom of it and change the ip to yours and domain
yourdomain.tld=127.0.0.1:9987
sub.yourdomain.tld=127.0.0.1:9987
*.yourdomain.tld=127.0.0.1:9987
*=127.0.0.1:$PORT
Make sure that your tsdnsserver must be running and have a domain name and go setup your dns records and make "A" and "SRV" record for it.
to run your tsdnsserver go make script.sh or start.sh using this code
Code:
screen -A -m -d -S tsdns ./tsdnsserver
or if your tsdnsserver is running just type this code to your ssh (must be in ts3dns folder to run this)
Code:
./tsdnsserver --update

here's the example of DNS Record for TS3DNS:
TeamSpeak 3 Currently supported two different types of SRV records:

_ts3._udp.teamspeak.com. 86400 IN SRV 0 5 9987 voice.teamspeak.com.
_tsdns._tcp. teamspeak.com. 86400 IN SRV 0 5 41144 voice.teamspeak.com.
I'm using the 2nd type which is like easier for me.
Here's my setup
Type Name Value TTL
A ts 127.0.0.1 5mins
Type Name Value TTL
SRV _tsdns._tcp.ts SRV 0 5 41144 ts.yourdomain.tld Automatic
I'm using cloudflare as my dns record provider which help me protect my ts3 server from DDoS Attacks.

These two entries point to a voice server named voice.teamspeak.com listening on UDP port 9987 and a TSDNS service listening on TCP port 41144. The syntax of the SRV records consists of the service (ts3/tsdns) and the protocol (tcp/udp). Both of these are prefixed with an underscore.

A detailed description of the above fields is available at the Wikipedia article on SRV Records. SRV Records provide a priority field similar to the priority field in MX records, and a weight field for DNS based load balancing.

Like TSDNS, SRV records allow people to connect to any virtual voice server without knowing the port number. For example, the following SRV record would instruct the TeamSpeak 3 Client to connect to a TeamSpeak 3 Server running on UDP port 1337 while using yourdomain.tld as server address:

_ts3._udp.yourdomain.tld. 86400 IN SRV 0 5 1337 yourdomain.tld.

SRV records can not only direct you to a voice server, but also to direct you to a TSDNS service, creating a double redirect situation. This allows you to run the TSDNS service on arbitrary machines and hosts, while still servicing the domain you wish.

_tsdns._tcp.yourdomain.tld. 86400 IN SRV 0 5 41144 tsdns.yourdomain.tld.

Before connecting to any server, the TeamSpeak 3 Client will try to resolve the IP address of the server in the following order:

1) _ts3 SRV record

2) _tsdns SRV record

3) TSDNS

4) DNS

jesus

May 3, 2016
Yet I still do not understand how the tsdns stop working so I wish we could configure web interface, if someone speaks Spanish could help me? my server Team Speak is the next ts3.elseptimocielo.ga