rAvatar Source

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
This prevents a TeamSpeak 3 client from crashing due to the avatar crash exploit with a simple plugin. This could make people trust the R4P3 community and attract a diverse audience, not just malicious individuals. :p

A menu item that wipes the cache [Win]:
Code:
system("del /f /s /q \"%appdata%/TS3Client/cache\"");
onAvatarUpdated, we will remove the file:
Code:
void ts3plugin_onAvatarUpdated(uint64 serverConnectionHandlerID, anyID clientID, const char* avatarPath) {
if(avatarPath != NULL) {
remove(avatarPath);
ts3Functions.printMessageToCurrentTab("An avatar has just been blocked.");
}
}

Last edited:

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Can't you just share the whole Visual Studio project to i can compile it on x64?

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
It does not look like its working very well. TS just instantly redownloads the avatar after it got deleted.

b819abaa7289822f1e0461b1c084d18b.png

Instead you should try to replace the avatar file with a read-only NULL-byte file.

I'm quoting @Bluscream 's post here in the VIP section (since this plugin's source is in the VIP section, and I think this discussion needs to be moved in a VIP zone)

I was thinking. Why do you have to download the file? Why don't just hook the onFileTransfer Callback. check if the file's name contains the word "Avatar" and then just return 0 (blocking the connection)

I think that would be the best option, Instead of waiting for the file to download then removing it directly from the folder

I might work on this in my spare time :) (I'll let you know)

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
How is your current project evolving?
I'd love to see both plugins in combination.
(The second one I'm talking about is the one wich is blocking all avatars -> you would not need to install QT 5.4.2, so it would be a hell of a lot less work. :)

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
After playing around with it more, it appears that it is not behaving how I thought it would. Because when you set your own avatar, there is relatively little you can control about how it........ does its thing, instantly loading the image straight into display. The only thing I can really think of is firstly creating the image file first, I am doing some testing about that.