TS3 client/server bugs

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Hey, here we can collect bugs in the current version of the two client. Maybe someone will be able to make use of it..
Please post the bug and the link to the source where you found it, also post whether it is client side or server side and the version where the bug exists
I'll start with the first one:

TS3 Client 3.0.16
dante696 said:
Private chats are build with checks for the UID and for the Client ID (not the databse id).
A Client ID isn't bound to users and will be available again for other users, when an user with the old Client ID has left the server.
This process takes ~10 minutes till the Client ID is released and ready to be used from next user who connects to teh server.

- The check for the UID prevents that other users send you a message in the same chat.
This did happen, when the client only checked for the client ID (which is avaiable for other users).
- The check for the Client ID is for the connection check
So your client checks and knows if that person is still online or just has returned.

Maybe the check for the client id does not check if that user has the same UID.
I will test that later that day. Thank you for reporting if we found a bug

------------merged------------

Yep, the check for "user disconnected" only seems to check for the client id and shows wrong status.
Client connected works fine.

A bug ticket for developers was created.

Last edited by dante696; 16-01-2015 at 11:31. Reason: bug approved
Link to source

Last edited:

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
TS3 server 3.0.11.3 (not sure about version)

When the banlist exceeds 1MB, the server does not show the banlist anymore and does not accept any more bans on the client side. It still works with server query, though.

Since this thread is on TO DO for quite a while now, I'm not sure whether the bug is still persistent. Testing is wanted!

Link to source

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
TS3 client moblie/pc?
kentauro said:
Possible severe security problem

I was in a conversation with a friend ( I from my Smartphone ) discussing a problem with a script in a forum we have. Then I ask him to send me the script code by private message to check it and I have taken a surprise ... The code is not shown in lines , but that was executed!! .

I think this is serious. Please note he sent me the code from his pc to my smartphone ( I bought TS for iphone)

this is normal?

dante696 said:
Can you send me the code in a private message?
We should start working right now :p
This was posted 25-04-2015, 19:22
Link to this post

cananon1

May 19, 2015
i can't get the .apk for android right now and i won't be able to the the i.ipa if your jailbroken you can get it

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
removed comment - could get a 0day pretty soon. We'll only have to find a way to implement - You'll find this post in the VIP section

Last edited: