Ts3 hosts file

Saci

Oct 2, 2015
How can I edit the windows host file so that the teamspeak client does not see the ip of the server I'm going to connect to? And how do I prevent teamspeak client from reporting that an update is available?

Kleberstoff

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Dec 29, 2015
#MoveRequest Mr. @Alligatoras

Question 1: You could set the Servers IP to a local domain or just localhost. Just google for that.
Question 2: Im not sure about this one, maybe there are Settings for that. (Or simply add the Update Domain from TeamSpeak to the Hosts file to redirect the Hostname to your own PC.)

Saci

Oct 2, 2015
I need the ip to direct, how to edit the file I know.

Something like:

127.0.0.1 ipcheck.teamspeak.com

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
How can I edit the windows host file so that the teamspeak client does not see the ip of the server I'm going to connect to?
TeamSpeak clients will always able to see the IP of your server. They must see the IP in order to beeing able to connect to your server :/
And how do I prevent teamspeak client from reporting that an update is available?
Do you only want to prevent the update message to yourself or to everyone?
It is only possible for yourself, but since everyone else connecting to your servers will have the most up to date version. Thats why I think it doesnt really make sense to prevent your client from updating.