Whonix OS [Open-Source Debian Based Online Anonymity OS]

rofl cake

May 25, 2015
This Debian based os is designed for a true online anonymity when correctly setup.
Whonix consists of two parts: One solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway. The other, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible. With Whonix, you can use applications and run servers anonymously over the internet. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.
bdtTM0D.jpg

Whonix helps to:

• Hide your IP address
    • Prevent your ISP from spying on you
    • Prevent websites from identifying you
    • Prevent malware from identifying you
    • Circumvent censorship
Whonix is not:
    • A One-Click-Anonymization-Solution

Download
About
Source

Last edited:

rofl cake

May 25, 2015
I highly recommend reading Whonix Warning section so you can have a better understanding about these tools/Whonix OS. I recommend pairing this tool with a private vpn connection and using Parrot Security OS or your favored pen-testing OS.

Other notes:
I also recommend reading their security section and this link. They provide a great advice and tips for running your Whonix OS. examples of this:
Network Time Synchronization
Don't wonder... To prevent against time zone leaks, the system clock inside Whonix was set to UTC. This means it may be a few hours before or ahead of your host system clock. Do not change!

When you suspend/save the state of a VM, clock will stop and continue after resume, thus lag behind. You shouldn't suspend/save the state of Whonix-Gateway. Rather power the Gateway off, if you no longer need it. [1] You can suspend/save the state of Whonix-Workstation, but then the clock will lag behind. To fix it run inside Whonix-Workstation Start Menu -> Applications -> System -> Whonix Timesync.
This is useful to prevent Clock Correlation Attacks.

Last edited: