Auto UnBanner for 32/64 client

Hexboy

Jul 16, 2015

Download and install - hide.me VPN from https://hide.me
Once installed open it up, goto settings and select "Start Application minimized" & "Connect on application start".

Then launch the UnBanner and hit "UnBan" as Administrator (required to edit reg).

The application will edit both reg keys for x86 and x64, acquire a new IP address, check to see it's changed then launch Teamspeak.
If you have been banned you will need to change your identity.

If you get banned again, close Teamspeak and hit the "UnBan" button again.

There is also an option to launch a new Teamspeak window with different ProductID's, if you want to mess with the make a complaint exploit.

Please let me know if it's working as I have only tested it on x64 Windows 7 with the 64bit TS Client.

/edit: reverted changes as the author is not active any more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
This is Awesome.

Thank you for releasing this :)

Derp

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 30, 2015
I Tested it on a 32 bit Machine, It says that It's an invalid Win32 Application, on 64 bit works though :)

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
There is also an option to launch a new Teamspeak window with different ProductID's, if you want to mess with the make a complaint exploit.
I really like that part :D
What would be really nice, if you included a button to backup/restore your orginal ProductID
The according batch file which was made by Xury can be found here
I'm sure he wouldn't mind you using it if you'd give him credits :p

ehthe

Retired Staff
Contributor
Apr 26, 2015
In case some people want to be sure : This tool is clean.

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
The product ID is useless :D You don't need to back it up. But also the whole APP is also useless, why don't leave the ProductID just empty, so you can just skip this step in case of a ban.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
well, nope- My McAfee does need the ProductID. So I guess there are other programms out there which need it, too.

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
So im lucky with using Avast :D I don't need to change the value ever =)

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
If you don't change the product key then you can't start a unique instance and will continue to be banned.

No. If my product ID is empty and i get banned i just need to set a new ID and IP.

Hexboy

Jul 16, 2015
Well it doesn't for me, are you running the 64bit client?
You can't run multiple instances without having different Product ID's either.

You still haven't told me why you would need the original ID and how it affects AV, I'm quite interested in this as I can not find anything related to this!
I'm assuming you made it up.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Well, just consider the time difference haha, your posted at 5:54 AM for me, so let me please get my sleep^^

I tried to install McAfee without the ProductID, it gave me Errors and Errors (Don't remember as this was when I used Win7 - now Win10). When I placed the orginal ProductID back in, it would install without any problems. I didn't even have to restart my PC. I do run 64bit.

I think it told me requirements are not met, but I'm not sure as this was like ~ a month ago.

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
The bottom line is that some software does use your Microsoft Product ID --- whether it is bad practice or not does not matter. It is out of question whether you should keep intact your original Product ID or not, you just should. I was raised on systems and whenever you change something that you do not need permanently changed, you change it back. It is simply the sensible thing to do, no ifs/buts/etc. ;)
I would compare it to opening your house door in this example. You open your house door to move outside of your house or inside of it generally. You restore the door's state to closed after completing that task. To lose your original Microsoft Product ID is sheer laziness, nothing else.. considering how easy it is to revert the change. It is also encouraged to inform users of software which causes system changes --- the user should have the option to refuse the explained system change, for trust. It is much like a doctor. If a doctor is going to touch you for a procedure, they will explain it and you may refuse. The same applies to software, just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Bluscream

Retired Staff
Contributor
May 8, 2015
Well it doesn't for me, are you running the 64bit client?
You can't run multiple instances without having different Product ID's either.

You can. In fact If Teamspeak can not read a ProductID from the registry it generates the hash sent to the the server itself and uses it. That is why it needs longer to start without a ProductID.

I am running TS3Client 3.0.17 (x64) on Windows 8.1 Core (x64)