Greylist

waro1234

Oct 15, 2015
Hello guys.

What can i do if my server is on Greylist?
When i connect to the server it shows that box i using invlaid license.
v8_ZI.png

Can you guys help me? :)

Last edited:

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
As @dedmen said you have to change the servers IP address. Simply ask your hosting provider if they could change the servers IP or ask them to add another one to your server (this will increase the costs).

waro1234

Oct 15, 2015
Thank you guys. but i have question. If i change ip adress and create password for server, can someone report me and will i get to grey list?

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
There is no way to prevent anybody from reporting your server but you should follow these rules.
Follow those rules of you don't want to get reported:
  • Don't tell anyone it's your license/server
  • NEVER ASSIGN SERVER AMIN QUERY TO CLIENTS
  • Don't have more slots than needed on the individual TeamSpeak servers (e.g. not more than 100)

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Well at least we know what the grey list is now.
I suppose another usefull rule to follow would be to not have your server report to teamspeak weblist, this could gain unwanted attention from teamspeak employees

O9I9zAU.png

waro1234

Oct 15, 2015
Well at least we know what the grey list is now.
I suppose another usefull rule to follow would be to not have your server report to teamspeak weblist, this could gain unwanted attention from teamspeak employees

O9I9zAU.png
It looks good. I disabled it but i can still see that warning. :(

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
It looks good. I disabled it but i can still see that warning. :(
Your server had been added to the Greylist already. There is no way to remove this way unless you do what @dedmen said on the second post: "Change your IP Address". This is the oly way to get rid of this. After you have the new IP go unclick the Reporting to server list for not gainning attention!

M

Member 2873

Well, I'm on the main server list with 1337 slots. No issues, not sure how anybody is managing to get on the greylist.

JoKeR

Apr 21, 2016
Well, I'm on the main server list with 1337 slots. No issues, not sure how anybody is managing to get on the greylist.
Because nobody is reporting you. Only the automatic client reports getting sent to teamspeak. And it will take a lot of time to check them.

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Is it possible to route the reporting for the greylist to the localhost?
yes but only on your local client. There is some post that includes the reporting address but i dont know where... just search through all graylist threads ^^

Norvik

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jul 18, 2015
Adding reportpiracy-env.elasticbeanstalk.com to your hosts file will prevent your client from reporting suspicious servers.

/EDIT
@dedmen was faster :( The thread you mentioned is this one

ZombieJo

Jun 20, 2015
yes but only on your local client. There is some post that includes the reporting address but i dont know where... just search through all graylist threads ^^
Okay tanks dedmen :)
Adding reportpiracy-env.elasticbeanstalk.com to your hosts file will prevent your client from reporting suspicious servers.
/EDIT
@dedmen was faster :( The thread you mentioned is this one
Thanks too baisiK, next time you are faster :D

KD128

Apr 29, 2016
This is not greylist. Your IP was blacklisted. I checked it. It's blacklisted because software crack. My IP was blacklisted too. The message comes on my server too.

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
This is not greylist. Your IP was blacklisted. I checked it. It's blacklisted because software crack. My IP was blacklisted too. The message comes on my server too.
I dont want to offend you so i wont say you are dumb... But.. Here are experienced Teamspeak researchers saying its greylisted.. Also.. if you look at the message from the first post.. Youll see that you can still connect to the server.. Blacklist doesnt let you connect...

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
I need a graylisted Server do do some testing on :x It would be awesome if someone could send one to me via Private Message.