Greylist

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Nope, and even if there was a way to do so, we wouldn't release it, unless teamspeak started greylisting "non offending" servers
which they might............ :D

dedmen

TeamSpeak Developer
Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
Sometimes they are Jekyll... but probably also Hyde...

Datalow

May 17, 2016
Yes thats true.
But clients wich are annoyed of the warning message would do that.
The other clients are connecting with this warning and they don't care about it.
I'm using it too - i think is a nice litte workaround if you annoyed of this message. :)

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016
Yes thats true.
But clients wich are annoyed of the warning message would do that.
The other clients are connecting with this warning and they don't care about it.
I'm using it too - i think is a nice litte workaround if you annoyed of this message. :)
This is a warning - that one day your server probably will get blacklisted, so just watch out!

Last edited:

mobber

May 12, 2016
Are you sure that changing IP will 100% help (at least temporarily)? Are they grey/black listed only IP or can do this with domain too (if we have it)?

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
Are you sure that changing IP will 100% help (at least temporarily)? Are they grey/black listed only IP or can do this with domain too (if we have it)?
Greylist
Changing IPs will indeed help temporarily.
Greylisting is IP only at the moment.

Checked by the client indeed.

Last edited:

Alligatoras

Administrator
Mar 31, 2016

Changing IPs will indeed help temporarily.

AFAIK, greylisting is IP only at the moment.
Well, as this is a client stuff that does that, i guess there no way to add a restriction to the host files like we do for the server. So we can just pray. :(
(@0x0539 correct me if i am wrong)

mobber

May 12, 2016
IP-address could be easily changed, but what if the company decides to block the entire subnet? Let's say that the server is hosted on the ISP provider for home users and the server is relatively large (static IP, domain etc.).