TeamSpeak 5 Beta

Asphyxia

Server Monkey
Administrator
Best hope is one of the developers leak it
At one point we could have executed remote code on 2 TeamSpeak CEOs systems. We are an ethical team though... but having the source would have been cool lol.

Asphyxia

Server Monkey
Administrator
Who did you talk to?
We talked to Andreas Brillen (EX TeamSpeak Systems GmbH CEO in Krün, Germany), and James Ko (EX Teamspeak Systems Inc CEO in Chula Vista, California). They met us in the official R4P3 TeamSpeak 3 server, both CEOs were on Windows machines with unsafe but at that time current versions of their own software - vulnerable to remote code execution. We could have had remote access to both CEOs laptops or whichever workstations they were using. It is important to note we DID NOT choose to infect the CEOs despite our ability to easily do so.

Our meeting discussed their licensing system security, why we research the security of their software, and overall they seemed to be wanting to mine information out of us.

It was evident they did not care about the security of their software and the focus was more on features. The only security the CEOs seemed interested in was more involving DRM-style protection around licensing of their server software to maximize their profits and decrease cracked software. This concern highlights their emphasis on finding ways to make more money by attempting to mitigate piracy. For as much time as they spent on this, they could have been finding other markets to increase sales. People are not going to want to pay for VoIP chat forever and Discord is a clear example of this shift.

Considering both CEOs are no longer with TeamSpeak, I fail to see how any of their past CEOs have been fully invested into the company.

This is another red flag that TeamSpeak is going down. They are playing the "blame our CEO game" I am guessing. If the company is not making more money, just swap out the CEO. This is a traditional approach that eventually will be exhaustive and deplete their resources.

Last edited: