R4P3 TeamSpeak Server Crash [ till 3.0.12.4-Beta 1 ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Well you both please stop to throw shit at each other? Thanks :D
We will release the exploit soon if we don't establish a meeting with TeamSpeak this week. (They seem to try to stretch it...)

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
We will release the exploit soon if we don't establish a meeting with TeamSpeak this week. (They seem to try to stretch it...)
We planned this to get your attention and it worked, thanks for the update.

JackMeoff

Jun 26, 2015
So, you prefer to MicroSuck and expose your computer to all sorts of viruses while your computer comes to a crawl with all its built-in bloatware and spyware, while you run Linux in VMware? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round ? I thought VMware was for people running Linux for all the good reasons to run Linux, who want to also run Windows software without all the other dangers and B.S. ? And yes, the video sucks.... low resolution, cannot see any details of what is happening. Get a trial copy of Camtasia and use default options with built-in zoom, I think they call it.
I'm new here and don't have any proof any of this stuff works yet, I hope to find out tomorrow in conference.

Lmao, blaming our video for sucking while your usage of OS and programs are the ones sucking.

Heh. :eek::)

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
So, you prefer to MicroSuck and expose your computer to all sorts of viruses while your computer comes to a crawl with all its built-in bloatware and spyware, while you run Linux in VMware? Isn't it supposed to be the other way round ? I thought VMware was for people running Linux for all the good reasons to run Linux, who want to also run Windows software without all the other dangers and B.S. ? And yes, the video sucks.... low resolution, cannot see any details of what is happening. Get a trial copy of Camtasia and use default options with built-in zoom, I think they call it.
I'm new here and don't have any proof any of this stuff works yet, I hope to find out tomorrow in conference.
Shh boy, it's over. Nobody is complaining except you, the video is in 1080p btw. ;)

JackMeoff

Jun 26, 2015
Yes, I already said that ... it's real super-tiny blurry 1080p. :p I'm in smiley heaven!

Shh boy, it's over. Nobody is complaining except you, the video is in 1080p btw. ;)

Maybe the reasion no one is complaining but me is the fact I have already ruined my eyes squinting at tiny text ... been using PCs since we owned a Radio Shack TRS-80 in 1978.
Yes, I already said that ... it's real super-tiny blurry 1080p. :p I'm in smiley heaven!

P.S. : It's real cold up here where I live at this time of year; an occasional flame war takes the chill out of my bones. :)

EDITED BY MOD QRAKTZYL
Triple post... AGAIN.
Can you guys get along?

Last edited by a moderator:

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Maybe the reasion no one is complaining but me is the fact I have already ruined my eyes squinting at tiny text ... been using PCs since we owned a Radio Shack TRS-80 in 1978.
P.S. : It's real cold up here where I live at this time of year; an occasional flame war takes the chill out of my bones.
The video is just as crisp as a normal 1080p screen. It's your player then :(

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
giphy.gif

JackMeoff

Jun 26, 2015
I downloaded it in 1080p (1980x1080) and opened it in VLC Media Player (latest version for 32-bit Linux) ... what player do you recommend? Should I have used the zoom feature? Maybe I'll try it again later.

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
I downloaded it in 1080p (1980x1080) and opened it in VLC Media Player (latest version for 32-bit Linux) ... what player do you recommend? Should I have used the zoom feature? Maybe I'll try it again later.
Maybe the screen is cropped, idk.. VLC is what I use as well

JackMeoff

Jun 26, 2015

P.S. : It's real cold up here where I live at this time of year; an occasional flame war takes the chill out of my bones. :)

EDITED BY MOD QRAKTZYL
Triple post... AGAIN.
Can you guys get along?
Geez, I can't think of everything all at the same time ... no need to edit the post into one.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Geez, I can't think of everything all at the same time ... no need to edit the post into one.
Didn't mean to offend you, but my role as a moderator is to prevent spamming. I normally tolerate double posts, but triple posts is too much. Sorry about that.

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
I marked it as non-downloadable. So I guess it only recorded the video and didn't actually download the video.
Then it stretched the video from 480? into 1080p xD

M

Member 2873

or you could release it now, and force their hand. Sure it causes a rushed update that causes more issues than it fixes, but would speed up everything you want from them. (a fix and attention)
also this:
Google said:
Based on our experience, however, we believe that more urgent action -- within 7 days -- is appropriate for critical vulnerabilities under active exploitation.
edit:
theres also this part of the google exploit release policy thingie
Our standing recommendation is that companies should fix critical vulnerabilities within 60 days -- or, if a fix is not possible, they should notify the public about the risk and offer workarounds. We encourage researchers to publish their findings if reported issues will take longer to patch.

but we don't speak of that, us skids want the release :3

0x0539

Retired Staff
Contributor
Jan 30, 2016
or you could release it now, and force their hand. Sure it causes a rushed update that causes more issues than it fixes, but would speed up everything you want from them. (a fix and attention)
also this:

edit:
theres also this part of the google exploit release policy thingie
Our standing recommendation is that companies should fix critical vulnerabilities within 60 days -- or, if a fix is not possible, they should notify the public about the risk and offer workarounds. We encourage researchers to publish their findings if reported issues will take longer to patch.

but we don't speak of that, us skids want the release :3
Why are you so interested in crashing your own server anyway? Until this crasher becomes public you can just start/stop your server. :)

Jamie

Nov 30, 2015
Please don't release it there is an ass who will continue to use every New crash to hit my TS server. Or if possible you can blacklist my ip from being hit...

M

Member 2873

Please don't release it there is an ass who will continue to use every New crash to hit my TS server. Or if possible you can blacklist my ip from being hit...
it's fun isn't it? you're enjoying it, aren't you?

Asphyxia

Owner
Administrator
Apr 25, 2015
The PoC (Proof of Concept) tools will not be published publicly at this time. If it is, everyone will get an email notice. ;)

We are currently working on discussing things over with the TeamSpeak development team. To keep everyone safe.

Last edited:

xPRoTeiNN

Dec 6, 2015
The PoC (Proof of Concept) tools will not be published publicly. If it is, everyone will get an email notice. ;)

We are currently working on discussing things over with the TeamSpeak development team. To keep everyone safe.
To keep everyone safe ? Hmmm. So i feel a bit change happaned. What is the main pupose of r4p3 ? I know as "f*ck teamspeak" ? What happened the idea ? Or Vip donations are not enough anymore ? You want more ?

M

Member 2873

To keep everyone safe ? Hmmm. So i feel a bit change happaned. What is the main pupose of r4p3 ? I know as "f*ck teamspeak" ? What happened the idea ? Or Vip donations are not enough anymore ? You want more ?
i felz u brudhr
sell outz omg

Status
Not open for further replies.