Whats your favorite provider?

• Total voters

Ramadi

Mar 12, 2016
i was with OVH.ie when they started their anti-ddos game
went down every day
do they improve ? or maybe there r different between ie and com .... etc ?

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
went down every day
They improved it. I also used their beta of anti-ddos game. They have done so much ;)

Ramadi

Mar 12, 2016
r they better than Zare.co.uk and nfoservers.com ?
and is there any better option than OVH ? (for ts3 only)

Hydra

Sep 13, 2015
r they better than Zare.co.uk and nfoservers.com ?
and is there any better option than OVH ? (for ts3 only)
Yes they are better than zare & nfo. At the moment ovh game is your best bet.;)

graphic

Jan 30, 2016
Open trashbin -> put Zare in -> close trashbin.
Good for website protection but not for teamspeak.

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
just buy a game server from ovh, and bye the ddos :)

Hi guys... I have OVH over 2 years and i move to a gaming dedicated server the first day they offer... YES I GET A DISCOUNT SO HELP TEST THE NEW FIREWALL.
The real thing is OVH GAMING DEDICATE SERVER its better to mitigating the UDP only packets thats the difference with the regular Dedicated server.

In the gaming one, you can stop DDOS attacks BUTTTTTTTTTTT..... theres 4 stressers right now, i dont know if i can mension here or its agains rules of the forum, have special attack to MAKE THEM DOWN. No matter what. FOR THE PRICE OF 15$ and the service is for one week. (IF YOU KNOW ABOUT STRESSERS PROBABLY U KNOW IT " ITS THE ONE IN THAT PRICE IN ONE WEEK SERVICE")

OVH have a problem in their network in SOUTH AMERICA.
If you get DDOS ATTACK a lot of south american people lost connection in teamspeak. They start losing packet and drop connection.
The only way to prevent this is, during the attack, make a PACKET COLLELCTION with wireshark and send it to OVH people... they block all ips.
I pay for more of 10 STRESSERS and ddos my self to get those packet and ban them.
EVEN with that... south american people still losing connection.

IF want to know the stressers just MP!.

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
went down every day

probably you no configure BOTH firewall well...

also... OVH for website not work.... DDOS WON THE FIGHT HERE... i can show any one if want to do some test.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
Hi guys... I have OVH over 2 years and i move to a gaming dedicated server the first day they offer... YES I GET A DISCOUNT SO HELP TEST THE NEW FIREWALL.
The real thing is OVH GAMING DEDICATE SERVER its better to mitigating the UDP only packets thats the difference with the regular Dedicated server.

In the gaming one, you can stop DDOS attacks BUTTTTTTTTTTT..... theres 4 stressers right now, i dont know if i can mension here or its agains rules of the forum, have special attack to MAKE THEM DOWN. No matter what. FOR THE PRICE OF 15$ and the service is for one week. (IF YOU KNOW ABOUT STRESSERS PROBABLY U KNOW IT " ITS THE ONE IN THAT PRICE IN ONE WEEK SERVICE")

OVH have a problem in their network in SOUTH AMERICA.
If you get DDOS ATTACK a lot of south american people lost connection in teamspeak. They start losing packet and drop connection.
The only way to prevent this is, during the attack, make a PACKET COLLELCTION with wireshark and send it to OVH people... they block all ips.
I pay for more of 10 STRESSERS and ddos my self to get those packet and ban them.
EVEN with that... south american people still losing connection.

IF want to know the stressers just MP!.
A. OVH dont have network in south America Not even close...
B. Anti-ddos game is a cheap rip-off. the guaranteed protection of anti-ddos game is around 60gbit. OVH's anti-ddos pro has total capacity of 300gbit. (expected to go upto 600gbit this year)
C. the point of the packet collection is not to block IP's its to create filters to detect the attack.
D. What? you make zero sense and show zero intelligence in your post.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
i think we could ask @Qraktzyl
https://r4p3.net/threads/buyvm-vps-review.885/
seems to be good tester ;)
I've never had any issue with antiddos game, but I don't know what he's talking about because I don't use stressers.

B. Anti-ddos game is a cheap rip-off. the guaranteed protection of anti-ddos game is around 60gbit. OVH's anti-ddos pro has total capacity of 300gbit. (expected to go upto 600gbit this year)
C. the point of the packet collection is not to block IP's its to create filters to detect the attack.

It's true that the protection will never be even close to 480 gbps for OVH anti-ddos game, because it's the shared pool between all locations. However, anti-ddos game has very aggressive rules that makes it almost impossible to DDoS a teamspeak server, they analyze every packet so badly that it explains the bandwith reduction for their game servers. I don't know the exact number anti-ddos game can filter, but let's say that it takes one rich script kiddie to accomplish a 60 gbps attack. However, it appears that there are new methods that can bypass OVH anti-ddos game, I don't know about that.

Having the perfect anti-ddos solution is hard. There are drawbacks to all protections.By example, receiving an attack (on anti-ddos game) at the same time you're uploading a large file (that I was uploading to my OVH backup) can trigger the anti-hack because they think the attack has been deflected, and they nullroute your ip. Their system actually tough I wanted to DoS their backup server... That happened one time tough.

oalaro

Feb 9, 2016
http://status.ovh.net/?do=details&id=12360

Seems like they are adding VAC4 at Graveslines location . So +160Gbps of filtering capacity it seems.

Considering they have experience with previous VAC systems, Graveslines might even have higer filteing capacity. It's already in beta https://twitter.com/olesovhcom/status/705646191652917248 .
Also if you want to read up on what they are planning to do https://forum.ovh.com/showthread.php/108384-vRack-3-1-PCI-VPS-vR-et-VAC . It's in french but google translate helped me understand most of it. A very good read.

Considering this and their current Anti-DDoS GAME performance, I see myself using them for a long time.

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016

A. A- ovh no have network in south america, BUT U UNDERTAND WHAT I MEAN IN MY POST??? REPEAT: when u get DDOS south america people cant connect to your TEAMSPEAK! OR HAVE A HIGH packet lost.
A. B-A DONT KNOW what you try to mean a DDOS mitigation of 300gbit cant be bypass. THERES A OVH SPECIAL attack.
A. C- OVH never gonna create filters per client... YOU KNOW how many client they have? they take some times 24 hours to answer a ticket " in my case i always make the phone call". They just filter the ips "BLOCKING!!!!".
A. D- Before talk get a OVH service, learn how they work, TRY many DDOS attack and you gonna know its not 100% secure, NO ONE its 100% secure. But the OVH network get attacked by exploits, even, people who have OVH gaming knows close to 3 months all of us shut down the regular firewall because start kicking people for no reason... I GET CLOSE to 4 refunds in OVH in 1 year because doing test i can prove them, their network have the fault in a lot of the mitigated situation. -Never underestimate

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
I dont know if you guys but for me, backups gaming servers, such like RUST and arma 3 to the OVH backup drive using FTP connection corrupt my files. I no recommend to use it.

tagKnife

Oct 2, 2015
I dont know if you guys but for me, backups gaming servers, such like RUST and arma 3 to the OVH backup drive using FTP connection corrupt my files. I no recommend to use it.
with the IQ you show in your posts, one can just wonder why.

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
I've never had any issue with antiddos game, but I don't know what he's talking about because I don't use stressers.
I usually no use stresser either, but close to 3 month i see a couple of them, "I TRY IT BY MY SELF" they can make effect in some special ovh attacks. They think is they offer the service very sheap.

nice... i gain a stalker.

Last edited by a moderator:

onerodz

Feb 9, 2016
this is a image of feb 28. OVH respond to me the network fault in one of the STRESS test.
By the way... My experience is using the CANADA datacenter. I dont know about the 2 european centers.
http://prntscr.com/au5mqy