TS3 Server 3.1 - New Accounting / License System!

U

User_6301

Will future clients check if a server is licensed before connecting?

Banhammer

Sep 10, 2015
Should I buy license from teamspeak then and rob the money for the license? >_< I just wouldn't like to get more crime registry as there is already 3 marks....

HelloEvery

Nov 26, 2016
Should I buy license from teamspeak then and rob the money for the license? >_< I just wouldn't like to get more crime registry as there is already 3 marks....
you can request a NPL license, after the first renew the license extend to 10 virtual server

MojoW

Oct 7, 2015
No why teamspeak i dont want to pay 300 dollar yearly.
And i couldn't get a NPL because of a donation link on our website.(And we have steam login and that is a link to commercial activity.)
I guess this gonna be goodbye after all these years ... anyone know a good alternative and don't say discord.

Last edited:

BIOS

Knowledge Seeker
VIP
Oct 10, 2015
best alternative to teamspeak for windows and unix is Mumble

MojoW

Oct 7, 2015
best alternative to teamspeak for windows and unix is Mumble

It doesnt look like it can run it on my dedicated server as they dont have server binaries.(Atleast nowhere i can see.)
If i have to host at them i could just aswell take discord because that is free.

I will have to think hard and make a choice ... habits are hard to break.

roflcopter21

Nov 14, 2017
LOL, there will be a shitstorm when teasmpeak releases the 3.2 client.
90% of my teamspeak favorite list still runs <3.1.
I know also many admins that will not give a shit about updating their server. Backup your 3.1.10 install files ;)

U

User_2970

I think that the users don't know how to downgrade and then, they use only >3.1 Servers.

roflcopter21

Nov 14, 2017
Well... For me, it looks like Teamspeak Systems GmbH is digging its own grave!
Most users will just rage and switch to discord because it's much easier and more popular. Teamspeak users are mostly "old users" that know the product und love it. I'm using teamspeak because it is easy to install on own server (saving money) and you have the security. If they gonna make it harder, I have no interest in this product anymore. Not gonna pay 30-40 bucks for a freaking voice server - where my dedicated server costs this much :confused:

Rikku

Contributor
Sep 14, 2015
Well... For me, it looks like Teamspeak Systems GmbH is digging its own grave!
Most users will just rage and switch to discord because it's much easier and more popular. Teamspeak users are mostly "old users" that know the product und love it. I'm using teamspeak because it is easy to install on own server (saving money) and you have the security. If they gonna make it harder, I have no interest in this product anymore. Not gonna pay 30-40 bucks for a freaking voice server - where my dedicated server costs this much :confused:

wait for teamspeak 5