Ts3soundboardbot /Sinusbot - more instances [for Ubuntu]

Supervisor

Administrator
Apr 27, 2015
Guess what happens if an admin is inactive for only 2.5 days not catching up the posts...
87cca79bf4.png

Yes, there is 20posts/page so that is 60 unread posts in just 1 thread! LMAO

Dont get me wrong, though, I like it. I hope you all enjoy your stay at https://r4p3.net :)

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Good luck with that :D All you will be able to do is to actually log them on. Not run this amount of streams simultanously. Audio needs to be re-encoded in real time and that means continuous cpu power that a simple VPS just doesn't have to support so many bots.

Last edited:

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
Good luck with that :D All you will be able to do is to actually log them on. Not run this amount of streams simultanously.
Did you tried it? Cause Joxii did and he says it works. I don't understand how you can argue about something you didn't try to someone that actually tried it lol?

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
Did you tried it? Cause Joxii did and he says it works. I don't understand how you can argue about something you didn't try to someone that actually tried it lol?

I have been running and testing these bots heavily for like 5 days now. Many of them. Just ask him how many streams he is running. It's not about the number of sessions he can fire up but how many re-encodes are active. Telling people that this silly 2-core VPS can do 50 streams at the same time is pure bullshit. In practice 10 per core is too much and it will choke. Well, it might get better with some funny, 32kbps radios as there will be less audio data to crunch but i never tried with such sources and i don't think that anyone wants to deliver such quality.

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
I'm running and testing these bots for like 5 days now. Many of them. Just ask him how many streams he is running. It's not about the number of sessions he can fire up but how many re-encodes are active. Telling people that this silly 2-core VPS can do 50 streams at the same time is pure bullshit. In practice 10 per core is too much and it will choke. Well, it might get better with some funny, 32kbps radios as there will be less audio data to crunch but i never tried with such sources.
Allright, just wanted to make sure you were testing things before saying something lol

kingston

Contributor
Feb 10, 2016
I know, i know. I talk too much and i never shut up :D Anyway the bots are running nicely. Luv them. The sinusbot's author did a great job, really. He deserves money for his work and i can very well understand why he is so frustrated not receiving any money from the project.

And last but not least... many thanks to you, Qraktzyl, for sharing the knowledge. I was totally green about the subject yet last week and, thanks to this thread, things has changed forever. Having tons of fun with this.

Last edited:

Tom141

Jan 5, 2016
2016-02-26T21:42:38+01:00 Starting instance ts3server://127.0.0.1?port=9987&nickname=TS3SB-Demobot&password=&channel=&channelpassword=
2016-02-26T21:42:43+01:00 TSClient quit.
Everytime, when I'll start the Docker with User or root. :mad:

Also tried Debain 8 Jessie and Debain 7.5 , result the same.

Last edited:

Qraktzyl

Retired Staff
Contributor
Nov 2, 2015
how do I add youtube dl
For 0.9.5 , its already in the script:
Code:
RUN wget -O "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl" "https://yt-dl.org/downloads/latest/youtube-dl" && \
chmod a+rx "/usr/local/bin/youtube-dl" && \
For 0.9.8 I guess you have to add this to the docker script. (if not already there, I didn't check)

On both version you need to specify the youtube-dl path in the config file.